Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year New You!

I decided to go back and dig out my very first before picture from my start of Focus T25 in January 2014. I remember joining my first challenge group completely blind, having no idea what I was doing, had never done a home fitness program before the whole way through, and I had never even heard of Shakeology or clean eating! But I was definitely at the breaking point where I had to do something and I had to do it now! I was absolutely miserable; I felt horrible all the time, I constantly had to buy new (bigger) clothes to replace the ones I was outgrowing, and I had a horrible attitude about everything.

 
Though I had a gym membership, living so far away from it wasn’t working for me to get there consistently. I knew myself; I knew I would stick with it for a week or two at most and then quit! So I figured this was a better bet because I also didn’t have the confidence to work out in front of other people. I was afraid I would be judged for being so overweight, when in high school I had been so very thin. We didn't have a designated area for workout space but I made room in our living room, pushing the coffee table to the side.
Every morning at 4:30 I would drag myself out of bed and press play! It was ugly. I was out of shape, I cried, and I wanted to quit! But the one thing I kept saying is this, "I wanted to change more than I wanted to stay the same." My husband and I want to be parents some day, and I needed to make this change to a) make getting pregnant a little easier, b) have a healthier pregnancy once we do conceive, and c) lead the kind of healthy life we want for our kids some day. I don’t want them to grow up seeing mommy crying when she looks into a mirror. I don’t want them to have the same kind of negative feelings about themselves that I did. I want them to be healthy, and be able to run around and play like kids should do.
So every day I pushed play, and I had faith in the process! I knew that if I followed the workout calendar and the nutrition guide I would get results. It was tested and proven! For me going to the gym meant wandering around aimlessly doing random machines hoping what I was doing would produce results. Then I would come home and eat back all my burned off calories because I had “earned it”! I had no idea how nutrition played into my results.
So 60 days later, 20 lbs gone, faith in the process, a genuine love for challenge groups and coaching I became a believer! I was skeptical that a home fitness program would work but honestly when you make fitness, nutrition, and accountability the way that Beachbody does it, the only way you won't succeed is if you don't follow the plan!!!!!
I am a believer! The cool part is that I get to inspire hope and change in others now too!
January 5th------> It's your time! ARE YOU IN???? It's time to believe that you are meant for CHANGE, HEALTH and a life FULL OF ENERGY!
New YEAR, NEW YOU!!!!! 


Fill out the form below if you are interested in joining me!


Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.